At the AMANITA Guesthouse, breakfast forms a key part of the Mt Pelion Experience that we want our guests to enjoy. That's why:
- It is served from 8:30 to 11:00 am, to ensure there is plenty of time to enjoy it.
- It is served at table, allowing us to better care for each guest individually, and to enable our guests to fully enjoy our offerings at the right temperature.
- It consists almost exclusively of Greek, locally available products, and aims to introduce guests to both well-known and more unfamiliar gastronomic delights.
- We try to ensure that the majority of dishes are homemade. The marmalades, hand-kneaded bread, pies - both large and small, cakes and desserts are all of our own creation.
- It is 'farm to table'. Every morning we collect and offer for breakfast vegetables, fruits and herbs cultivated by ourselves in our organic garden. We prefer and support local suppliers for our yoghurt, honey, oil and flour.
- We strictly respect the seasonality of our ingredients and use the bounty that Mt Pelion offers us to enrich our breakfast spread by adding local herbs, wild greens (such as wild asparagus tips and black bryony), or wild mushrooms to our omelettes, and by serving ripe seasonal fruits, such as greengages, plums, damsons, raspberries, pears, apples, persimmons and loquat.
- We can serve gluten and casein free breakfast. Just inform us from before your arrival about your diet.
As a result of our efforts, our breakfast is an award-winning gastronomic experience, while the AMANITA Guesthouse was among the first to receive certification for its Greek Breakfastfrom the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels.