At the AMANITA Guesthouse, breakfast forms a key part of the Mt Pelion Experience that we want our guests to enjoy. Our breakfast is based on the principles of “Mediterranean diet” as well as seasonal and locally grown ingredients. It is rich in vegetables and fruit, preparations from cereal, olive oil, cheese and dairy products and makes only limited use of meat. Flexitarian diet with roots in the Pelion region’s tradition.
- It is served from 8:30 to 11:00 am, to ensure there is plenty of time to enjoy it.
- It is served at table, allowing us to better care for each guest individually, and to enable our guests to fully enjoy our offerings at the right time and temperature.
- It consists almost exclusively of Greek, locally available products, and aims to introduce guests to both well-known and more unfamiliar gastronomic delights.
- We try to ensure that the majority of dishes are homemade. We prepare the marmalades, hand-kneaded sourdough bread, pies – both large and small, cakes and desserts.
- It is ‘farm to table’. Every morning we collect and offer for breakfast vegetables, fruits and herbs cultivated by ourselves in our organic garden. We have our own beehives. We prefer and support local suppliers for our cheese, olive oil and flour.
- We strictly respect the seasonality of our ingredients and use the bounty that Mt Pelion offers us to enrich our breakfast spread by adding local herbs, wild greens (such as wild asparagus tips and black bryony), or wild mushrooms to our omelettes, and by serving ripe seasonal fruits, such as greengages, plums, damsons, raspberries, pears, apples, persimmons and loquat.
- We can serve gluten and casein free breakfast. Just inform us from before your arrival about your diet.
As a result of our efforts, our breakfast is an award-winning gastronomic experience, while the AMANITA Guesthouse was among the first to receive certification for its Greek Breakfast from the Hellenic Chamber of Hotels.